something about fridays just make it even harder to sit at my desk and work... i literally count down to home time even if i have nothing exciting planned. i think that the fact that i DON'T have anything exciting planned is possibly what i'm so excited for. gone are the days that i watch the clock counting down the minutes until home time so i can get all dolled up and head out for a night on the town. now i look forward to a lovely friday afternoon nap followed by a relaxing night at home. there are times that i miss the nights out but i guess i'm getting old. this is not something that has snuck up on me but it is something that i am ok with.
here are some of the reasons i KNOW i'm getting older....
1. i can no longer sleep in. even if i stay up until the wee hours of the morning i rarely will sleep past 8:00am
2. if i do go out i'm usually ready to go home by midnight (if not earlier). it is not proven, but i may turn into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight. i don't want to chance it...
3. i refuse to wait in line. especially if its an outside line. if i can't get in immediately i don't want to be there.
4. when i do go out i dress according to the weather. i don't care if the weather appropriate outfit isn't quite as "hot" as the skimpy one i would have worn a few years back... i just don't want to be cold!
5. i can be ready to go in 10 minutes.
6. i look forward to weekends when i have nothing planned.
7. grocery shopping is now considered an "outing"
8. once i get home i don't want to go back out.
9. i have naps. they are VERY important. don't ever interrupt my nap.
10. coffee. i now live for coffee. i never used to drink coffee. now it is a part of my daily routine.
some people may think these are bad things but i wouldn't change a thing. i embrace it. enjoy it.