Tabs

Monday, August 9, 2010

RIP Buzz...... I'll miss you

Buzz was my African Clawed frog that I got when he was just a baby and I got pretty attached to him over the years.
When I bought him he was supposed to be a dwarf frog... A month later he'd grown a bit and eaten his tankmate that I'd bought him. Turns out he would eat almost anything. He just kept growing and growing and eating and eating.
A few years later he was about the size of the palm of my hand. Then he ate my goldfish. They were about 2 times his size. The next 5 years he ate anything and everything I put in the tank with him. Even the aquarium ornaments were a target for him he broke all the cool ones and trashed the plants. So for the most part he had a 55 gallon tank to himself. Every couple weeks I would buy him 10 feeder fish and he would usually eat them or at least tear them apart within a couple days. Every now and then there would be a survivor but I think the longest he ever let one live was a bit over a month. I learned in a hurry not to get too attached to the fish.
The tank is now empty and I don't even want to look at it.
I'll have to decide what to do with it. Not totally sure if I want any other fish. Right now I just miss Buzz.

No comments: