Tabs

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

there just aren't enough hours...

in just over a month Hugo will be 2

OMG how did that happen?!?!

I know that in the beginning that I thought things would work themselves into a new routine and all the things I used to fit in would all be back on track in just a matter of time.

I
WAS
WRONG.

so very wrong.

I wouldn't give up the time I spend with hugo for anything but holy hell some days I need at least another 8 hours to even pretend I could get all the things I wanted to accomplish done.
seriously.

some things I am realizing....

  1. one kid has more stuff than 3 adults.
  2. houseplants will suffer neglect. they are always on the bottom of the to-do list and it shows
  3. you clean up one mess and another one replaces it.
  4. a shedding pug loses more hair than I do. I thought I shed a lot... draco should be bald according to the hair that accumulates on the floor in a matter of minutes.
  5. your standards get lower. for a lot of things.
  6. sometimes things stay on the to-do list for weeks. it happens. obviously nothing life threateningly important.
  7. DIY projects only get done if you decide you need less sleep. I am currently starring at a chair that is hideous. it needs to be sanded and painted. ha! I didn't find time for it pre-Hugo and now I'm thinking it will be damn near impossible to get done. fingers crossed.
  8. things like this blog are often on the to-do list for weeks. I miss it though so i'm making an effort to post at least a couple times a week from now on. I guess we will see how long that lasts.
  9. I used to do laundry a couple times a month. now I do it every couple days. at least. sucks up a lot of time. folding laundry is overrated and so is putting it away. I am guilty of using it straight out of the laundry basket more often than out of drawers.
  10. its a good thing i'm not stinky by nature. I just bought a new deodorant. for the first time since the summer before hugo was born. oops. that's something that apparently takes longer than i'm willing to spend applying. I forget to put it on a lot. or think of it once I've already left the house. no way i'm going back in just for that!
I think that's enough. I can't give away all my secrets in one post!

what has changed for you since kids?
what did you do before that never happens now?
I can't be the only one like this!

No comments: