his favorites are.... pretty much anything!
- chicken. he loves chicken, but thighs only no breasts for this kid. even if i mix them in with sweet potato or something he really likes its still a no-go. only boobs he likes are mine. ha!
- he loves whole green beans to munch on... pureed are a guaranteed fail.
- watermelon. cut it into little sticks and he will squeeze it until the juice is running down his arms and shove it in his mouth as fast as possible.
- cantelope and honeydew... same thing little sticks and there is no stopping him.
- peas. LOVES peas pureed.
- blueberries. he ends up looking like a blueberry but he loves them
- apples and pears. with greek yogurt. and cinnamon.
- tofu. hippy in training.
- roast beef as of yesterday. he hated it up until last night and then he just gobbled it down mixed with some mashed potatoes and a bit of yam.
- nectarines and peaches as long as they're ripe are fair game.
- bananas with or without yogurt... but they have to be super ripe or he wants nothing to do with them (i think he gets that from me because i won't eat them until they're getting brown spots).
- marble cheese, dill havarti, swiss, cheddar, and mozzarella all were big hits... loves eating them himself too.
- asparagus was popular... made for super stinky diapers though!
- parsnips were a hit... though only pureed. mashed wasn't good enough.
he seems to have decided that carrots are no longer cool... he used to like them but lately not so much.
fernando let him taste ice cream cake and he definitely liked that. not that he'll be getting that again any time soon, but he sure was excited.
i have beets to cook for him to try this week... we'll see how that goes... not looking forward to those diapers!
funny thing is that i find myself eating the same things he is just because if i take the time to cook stuff for him i don't have time to cook something separate for myself so i just make myself the same stuff he's eating half the time. it has made for some interesting dinners.