ok... this one's kinda healthy. but so tasty!
Almond Meringue Cookies
• 3 egg whites
• ¼ cup sugar
• ½ tsp almond extract
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 tbsp almonds, finely ground
1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine egg whites, almond extract, and salt. Beat with a whisk or electric mixer until soft peaks form. When you lift the beater out of the whites the peak will curl.
4. Add the sugar a tablespoon at a time. Beat the egg whites until the peaks stand up straight.
5. Gently fold in the ground almonds.
6. Using a tablespoon, drop well-rounded spoonfuls of the meringue mixture onto the baking sheets, 1” apart.
7. Bake at 250F for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow the cookies to dry in the closed oven for 40 minutes.
8. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and gently peel the cookies off the cookie sheets and store in air tight containers.
if i'm feeling fancy sometimes i will pipe them out onto the pan... or decorate them with almond slices or sprinkles... that's all up to you!